Dean’s Scholars Program
Greehey School of Business
The Greehey School of Business develops graduates who are skilled, ethical, professional, globally aware and prepared for careers of meaning and purpose.
In this Section
The Dean’s Scholars Program at St. Mary’s University is a one-time funding opportunity for qualified incoming undergraduate freshmen. The Dean’s Scholars Program focuses on leadership development and preparing students for professional and personal success. Scholars have an opportunity to work closely with the Dean and the Advisory Council of Executives for the Greehey School of Business.
In addition to the fund, Dean’s Scholars participate in numerous professional development opportunities including Business Week, the Forum Entrepreneurship Breakfast Series, national and international student competitions and leadership development workshops.
Prospective Dean’s Scholars
The Dean’s Scholars Program is open to academically talented students interested in majoring in business at St. Mary’s University.
Qualified in-state, out-of-state, and international freshmen are encouraged to apply online through the St. Mary’s University Office of Admission’s online application.
The Dean’s Scholars Program offers a one-time $5,000 Dean’s Scholars Fund. The fund, managed by the Greehey School of Business, supports school-approved educational, professional development and international activities and experiences while enrolled as a business major at St. Mary’s University.
Admission into the Dean’s Scholars Program is by invitation only. The following are the minimum application requirements:
- Acceptance to St. Mary’s University as a declared business major beginning June 1, 2017
- Minimum SAT score (totaling only Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math sections) of 1200 or minimum ACT score of 25
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Qualified students will be invited to submit a Dean’s Scholars Program application, letter of recommendation and résumé by Feb. 1, 2018.
- Applicants will be notified of a decision no later than April 2, 2018
- Selected applicants must accept or decline the fund offer by May 1, 2018
To learn more about the Dean’s Scholars Program at St. Mary’s University, contact the Office of Admission at 210-436-3126 or email@example.com.