About the Series
The Meadows Center for Entrepreneurial Studies promotes and encourages entrepreneurial thought, business and activities locally, regionally and nationally.
The purpose of the Forum on Entrepreneurship Series is to offer the larger San Antonio community and students of St. Mary’s University a forum to hear from some of the most talented individuals in industry and government. Funds generated from the series support student scholarships and encourage entrepreneurial activities in San Antonio and the region. The Forum on Entrepreneurship Series attracts two to three hundred attendees to its bi-monthly events.
Great leaders who have served as speakers include:
- Brigadier General Laura L. Lenderman, United States Air Force
- Jenna Saucedo-Herrera, President and CEO, greater:SATX
- Jim Sinegal, co-founder, Costco Wholesale
- Lanham Napier, co-founder and CEO, BuildGroup
- Chad McNair, CEO, McNair Java Partners, LLC
- Kellie Fischer, executive vice president and chief financial officer of the Texas Rangers Baseball Club
- Robert Kaplan, president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Lynda Ellis, owner, president and CEO of Capital Concierge
- James Garvin, Ph.D., CEO, president and director of CytoBioScience, Inc.
- Dennis Noll, CEO of San Antonio Area Foundation
- Bryant Ambelang, president and CEO of NatureSweet Brands LTD
- Mike Howard, chairman and CEO of Howard Midstream Energy Partners, LLC
- Shannon Schuyler, principal, chief purpose officer and corporate responsibility leader of PwC, and president of PwC Charitable Foundation
- Adam L. Hamilton, P.E., president of Southwest Research Institute
- Stuart Parker (M.B.A. ’95), CEO of USAA
- Daymond John, founder and CEO of FUBU apparel, author, and marketing and branding judge for ABC’s Shark Tank
- Paula Gold-Williams (B.B.A. ’84), CEO of CPS Energy
- Tom Kartsotis, founder of Fossil and Shinola
- Bill Greehey, chairman of NuStar Energy, L.P.
- Kelly S. King, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Truist Financial Corporation
- Randy Harig, CEO of Texas Research & Technology Foundation and VelocityTX
- Brad Barron, President and CEO, NuStar Energy, L.P.
- Angela Yochem, EVP and Chief Digital and Technology Officer, Novant Health
- Lorenzo Gomez III, community builder, author and public speaker, former director of Rackspace
- Jacqueline Darna, CEO and medical inventor of the NoMo Nausea, NoMo Migraine and NoMo Sleepless Nights
2022 Forum on Entrepreneurship Series Speakers
Thursday, March 9, 2023
8-9 a.m. | Estancia del Norte Hotel
About the Speaker – Craig Boyan
Craig Boyan is the President of H-E-B. He is also a member of the H-E-B Board and a Trustee of the H-E-B Investment Retirement Plan.
Boyan joined H-E-B in 2005 as Chief Strategic Officer and was an advisor to H-E-B for two years before joining the company.
Prior to H-E-B, Craig worked at the Monitor Company, a global consultancy based in Cambridge, MA. Craig founded and ran Monitor’s New York office. He graduated from Harvard College, cum laude in economics, and he was a member of the Harvard crew team. He also received an MBA from Columbia Business School.
Boyan is a member of the Board of the Food Marketing Institute (FMI) and a member of the FMI Executive Committee. He also served as the Chairman of the 2016 FMI Midwinter Executive Conference. He is on the Board of Trustees for Texas Biomedical Research Institute. Boyan is also Chairman of the Board for Junior Achievement of South Texas, and a member of the Mayor’s Education and Development Workforce Leadership Team.
He is a past member of the United Way Executive Committee and, served as the General Campaign Chair for the 2015 United Way Campaign. Boyan also served as the Chairman of the greater:SATX (formerly known as the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation).
Upcoming Forum Events
- April 27, 2023
To renew your sponsorship, become a new Forum on Entrepreneurship Sponsor, or for additional information about attending, contact email@example.com or 210-436-3124.
Board of Directors
Paul Hensley, HOLT CAT
Sergio Palacios, Ph.D., St. Mary’s University
Hector Hernandez, Hernandez Financial Strategies, LLC
Beth Hair, Vaco
Julia Hamon, Wells Fargo
Pamela A. Luna, St. Mary’s University
- John Bruce, FORVIS
- Rhonda Calvert, Comerica Bank
- Jon D. Crumley, retired
- Tres Doran, KPMG LLP
- Chris C. Edelen, Safe Showers, LLC
- Paul Garro, Vascular Perfusion Solutions
- Jeffrey Landers, Encore Bank
- Violeta Diaz, Ph.D., St. Mary’s University
- David G. Pope, Labatt Food Service
- Rowena Ortiz-Walters, Ph.D., St. Mary’s University