We understand these are challenging times, but we also want to reassure our students, faculty and staff that this transition will not disrupt our support of your academic needs.

Many of our services are available on Gateway. If you have questions, please refer to the FAQs below for assistance. Email the Registrar’s Office at registrar@stmarytx.edu with any other questions. All requests submitted will be answered in the order they were received. Please understand that a high volume might result in a possible delay.  Phone correspondence will be more difficult at this time, so we highly encourage email as the preferred means of communication.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.


How do I order an official transcript?

The process to order a transcript has not changed. Official transcripts may still be ordered online on the St. Mary’s University Transcripts webpage.

How do I drop a class for Spring 2021?

Students can request to drop a class by emailing the Registrar’s Office at registrar@stmarytx.edu. Include your Rattler ID number, full name and the course number in the email body. Do not put your ID number in the email subject line. Undergraduate students must copy (cc) their Academic Adviser. Graduate students must copy their Program Director. The request to drop a course will not be processed if the adviser or program director is not copied in the email. This option is available through the last day to drop a class on Thursday, April 8.

When is the last day to drop a class for Spring 2021?

The last day to drop a course has been extended to Thursday, April 8.

How can I change my major?

Undergraduate students can email the Registrar’s Office directly to change their major, or add a second major or minor. Include your Rattler ID number, full name, current major and/or minor and the major and/or minor you wish to change to. Do not put your ID number in the email subject line. Undergraduate students must copy (cc) the Office of Academic Advising at academic.advising@stmarytx.edu to receive a new Academic Adviser. Graduate students must email their respective Academic Dean to request a change in program.

How do I report an error on my GPS?

Any questions related to GPS can be sent to registrar@stmarytx.edu. Please include your Rattler ID, full name, and a specific question or screenshot of the error in the body of the email.

How do I request an enrollment or degree verification?

Students can request an enrollment or degree verification by filling out the form found on the Registrar webpage. The form can be sent via email from the student’s University email.

I would like to take summer classes at another institution? What do I need to do this?

Students who would like to take courses outside of St. Mary’s during the summer will need to submit a Permission to Take Courses for Transfer Credit form found on Gateway. The information on Transfer Credits is located in the middle of the page, which also includes the course you are not allowed to take. Once the form is submitted to the Registrar’s office, we will review the courses you want to take and let you know if they are approved. If approval from a department chair is needed, the Registrar’s office will contact the appropriate chair and let you know once we receive confirmation.

Daily Transactions

About the Registrar’s Office

From the first day of class — and even before — until you walk across the commencement stage, the Registrar’s Office is a significant part of the student experience at St. Mary’s University.

On these Registrar’s Office pages, you can find information on class registration and advising, degree plans, academic calendars and schedules, as well as details on preparing for graduation and commencement exercises. Even after graduation, this is the office that will assist you for information including official transcripts.

Female student accepting her degree

If you need to be readmitted to the University, information about the process and the application can be found on the Registration page.


Office of the Registrar
St. Louis Hall, Room 104
Fax: 210-431-2217

Office Hours
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Back to top