The Meadows Center for Entrepreneurial Studies promotes and encourages entrepreneurial thought, business and activities locally, regionally and nationally.
The purpose of the Forum on Entrepreneurship Breakfast Series is to offer the larger San Antonio community and students of St. Mary’s University a forum to hear from some of the most talented individuals in industry and government. Funds generated from the series support student scholarships and encourage entrepreneurial activities in San Antonio and the region.
The Forum on Entrepreneurship Breakfast Series attracts two to three hundred attendees to its bi-monthly breakfast meetings.
Great leaders who have served as speakers include:
- Lynda Ellis, owner, president and CEO of Capital Concierge
- James Garvin, Ph.D., CEO, president and director of CytoBioScience, Inc.
- Dennis Noll, CEO of San Antonio Area Foundation
- Bryant Ambelang, president and CEO of NatureSweet Brands LTD
- Mike Howard, chairman and CEO of Howard Midstream Energy Partners, LLC
- Shannon Schuyler, principal, chief purpose officer and corporate responsibility leader of PwC, and president of PwC Charitable Foundation
- Robert Kaplan, president and CEO of Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Adam L. Hamilton, P.E., president of Southwest Research Institute
- Stuart Parker (M.B.A. ’95), CEO of USAA
- Daymond John, founder and CEO of FUBU apparel, author, and marketing and branding judge for ABC’s Shark Tank
- Paula Gold-Williams (B.B.A. ’84), CEO of CPS Energy
- Tom Kartsotis, founder of Fossil and Shinola
- Bill Greehey, chairman of NuStar Energy, L.P.
Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018
CEO and Co-Founder, Rebecca Creek Distiller, LLC
Next Forum Breakfast
CEO and Co-Founder, Rebecca Creek Distillery, LLC
When Steve Ison founded San Antonio-based Rebecca Creek Distillery, he envisioned a local distillery that excelled in creating handcrafted spirits. Ison discovered his passion for high-quality spirits while observing the world’s most renowned brands while traveling the country and abroad after college. He returned determined to leave his mark on the niche artisan spirits market, which was mostly untapped in the United States. Armed with a bachelor’s degree in political science from Texas State University, a decade of experience as CEO of an insurance and risk management company, and a love for artisan spirits, Rebecca Creek Distillery opened to the public in October 2009.
Using a blend of old and new technology to produce some of Texas’ highest quality distilled spirits, Ison oversaw Rebecca Creek Distillery as it grew to become one of the largest craft distilleries in North America. Its award-winning lineup includes Rebecca Creek Fine Texas Whiskey, Texas Ranger Whiskey, Enchanted Rock Vodka and Enchanted Rock Peach Vodka. The products can be found on shelves in eight states, including Texas, Georgia, Missouri, Oklahoma, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico and Kansas.
Today, Rebecca Creek Distillery is a staple in the San Antonio community. Between hosting concerts, weddings, corporate events and “Whiskey and Wags” nights for dog owners, Ison never slows down. He is constantly brainstorming ways to create the perfect experience for those who interact with the Rebecca Creek Distillery brand.
Ison is an active member of The Entrepreneurs’ Organization San Antonio Chapter, and is a sought-after speaker at leadership and business development programs and seminars. He lives in San Antonio and has three children — Ashlyn, Ava and Austin.
Event will be held at the Pearl Stable. Registration begins at 7 a.m., followed by the program from 8-9 a.m.
To renew your sponsorship, become a new Forum on Entrepreneurship Sponsor, or for additional information about attending, contact email@example.com or 210-436-3124.
- KPMG LLP
- San Antonio Express-News
- St. Mary’s University MBA Programs
- St. Mary’s University Greehey School of Business
- Texas Capital Bank
- Aventine Hill Partners / Rosenthal Pauerstein Sandoloski Agather LLP
- BKD CPAs & Advisors
- CPS Energy
- HOLT CAT
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- NuStar Energy LP
- The Greehey Family Foundation
- Wells Fargo
- Amegy Commercial Banking
- ATKG, LLP
- Bank SNB
- CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Comerica Bank
- ERNST & YOUNG LLP
- Food Safety Net Services
- Hernandez Financial Strategies, LLC
- RSM US LLP
- San Antonio Business Journal
- Silver Eagle Distributors
- St. Mary’s University Alumni Association
- The Bank of San Antonio
- Valero Energy Foundation
- Wave Healthcare
April 7, 2016 Forum Breakfast featuring Stuart Parker (M.B.A. ’95), CEO of USAA
Board of Directors
Chris C. Edelen, St. Mary’s University and Sterling Home Technologies
Paul Hensley, Holt CAT
Hector Hernandez, Hernandez Financial Strategies L.L.C.
Beth Hair, Aventine Hill Partners
Julia Hamon, Wells Fargo
Pamela A. Luna, CAP-OM, St. Mary’s University
John Bruce, BKD, LLP – CPAs & Advisors
Rhonda Calvert, Comerica Bank
Jon D. Crumley, PwC
Tres Doran, KPMG LLP
Tom Madison, Ph.D., St. Mary’s University
Gary McDaniel, Norton Rose Fulbright
David G. Pope, Texas Capital Bank
Tanuja Singh, D.B.A., St. Mary’s University