The Meadows Center for Entrepreneurial Studies promotes and encourages entrepreneurial thought, business and activities locally, regionally and nationally.
The purpose of the Forum on Entrepreneurship Breakfast Series is to offer the larger San Antonio community and students of St. Mary’s University a forum to hear from some of the most talented individuals in industry and government. Funds generated from the series support student scholarships and encourage entrepreneurial activities in San Antonio and the region.
The Forum on Entrepreneurship Breakfast Series attracts two to three hundred attendees to its bi-monthly breakfast meetings.
Great leaders who have served as speakers include:
- Kellie Fischer, executive vice president and chief financial officer of the Texas Rangers Baseball Club
- Robert Kaplan, president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Lynda Ellis, owner, president and CEO of Capital Concierge
- James Garvin, Ph.D., CEO, president and director of CytoBioScience, Inc.
- Dennis Noll, CEO of San Antonio Area Foundation
- Bryant Ambelang, president and CEO of NatureSweet Brands LTD
- Mike Howard, chairman and CEO of Howard Midstream Energy Partners, LLC
- Shannon Schuyler, principal, chief purpose officer and corporate responsibility leader of PwC, and president of PwC Charitable Foundation
- Robert Kaplan, president and CEO of Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Adam L. Hamilton, P.E., president of Southwest Research Institute
- Stuart Parker (M.B.A. ’95), CEO of USAA
- Daymond John, founder and CEO of FUBU apparel, author, and marketing and branding judge for ABC’s Shark Tank
- Paula Gold-Williams (B.B.A. ’84), CEO of CPS Energy
- Tom Kartsotis, founder of Fossil and Shinola
- Bill Greehey, chairman of NuStar Energy, L.P.
2019-2020 Speaker Lineup
Thursday, Oct. 3, 2019
CEO, McNair Java Partners, LLC
Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019
Co-Founder and CEO, BuildGroup
Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020
Co-Founder, Costco Wholesale
Thursday, April 9, 2020
Next Forum Breakfast
Co-Founder, Costco Wholesale
Jim Sinegal is Co-Founder and former CEO of Costco Wholesale. He retired from the executive position in 2012 and remained on the Board of Directors until January 2018.
Sinegal began his career in retail business in 1954. As an 18 year-old-college student, he went to work for the legendary retail icon Sol Price at the discount store FedMart in San Diego. Sinegal remained working for Price for almost 30 years before striking out on his own to start Costco with his business partner, Jeff Brotman.
Costco today has revenues of more than $149 billion and operates 783 warehouses in 44 states, Puerto Rico, and 13 countries. The company employs more than 254,000 people worldwide and has earned the reputation as a fair and progressive employer.
Sinegal serves as trustee for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. He was until recently a Senior Executive in Residence at Seattle University’s Albers School, and serves in a similar capacity at his alma mater, San Diego State University. Senegal also serves as an adviser at the Mendoza School of Business for Notre Dame.
Event will be held at the Pearl Stable. Registration begins at 7 a.m., followed by the program from 8-9 a.m.
To renew your sponsorship, become a new Forum on Entrepreneurship Sponsor, or for additional information about attending, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-436-3124.
- American Bank
- BKD, LLP
- CPS Energy
- Frost Bank
- HOLT CAT
- KPMG LLP
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- Wells Fargo
- ATKG, LLP
- Aventine Hill Partners — A Vaco Company
- Bud Light/Silver Eagle Distributors, L.P.
- CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Comerica Bank
- Ernst & Young, LLP
- Food Safety Net Services
- Hernandez Financial Strategies, LLC/Fred Olivares, CPA/CFF, PLLC
- RSM US LLP
- Simmons Bank
- St. Mary’s University Alumni Association
- The Bank of San Antonio
- Valero Energy Foundation
- Wave Healthcare
April 7, 2016 Forum Breakfast featuring Stuart Parker (M.B.A. ’95), CEO of USAA
Board of Directors
Chris C. Edelen, St. Mary’s University and Sterling Home Technologies
Paul Hensley, Holt CAT
Hector Hernandez, Hernandez Financial Strategies L.L.C.
Beth Hair, Aventine Hill Partners
Julia Hamon, Wells Fargo
Pamela A. Luna, CAP-OM, St. Mary’s University
John Bruce, BKD, LLP – CPAs & Advisors
Rhonda Calvert, Comerica Bank
Jon D. Crumley, PwC
Tres Doran, KPMG LLP
Tom Madison, Ph.D., St. Mary’s University
Gary McDaniel, Norton Rose Fulbright
David G. Pope, Texas Capital Bank
Tanuja Singh, D.B.A., St. Mary’s University