What is the AMP / TRiO Program?
Funded by the federal TRiO – Student Support Services division of the Department of Education, the goal of AMP (Achieving Maximum Potential) is to provide St. Mary’s University first-generation college students, low-income students, and students with disabilities the resources needed to earn their degree.
AMP / TRiO – Student Support Services is committed to helping students progress toward graduation and gain the necessary skills to continue their education or begin their careers.
AMP / TRiO Services
Eligible St. Mary’s students have access to a wide range of college and career support services in an effort to aid in retention and improve graduation rates. All services are free for program participants.
- Goal setting and course selection
- Tutoring and writing assistance
- Study groups
- Time management
- Study skills
Financial Aid and Literacy
- FAFSA and scholarship application assistance
- Financial literacy workshops
- Financial aid assistance
- Time management and procrastination tools
- Performance anxiety reduction
- Research paper help
Career Exploration and Preparation
- Job tours and shadowing
- Résumé and cover letter development and editing
- Professional networking opportunities
Post-Grad Education Exploration and Preparation
- Graduate and professional school application assistance
- Entrance exam preparation
- Regional school tours
To participate in the program, St. Mary’s students must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who meets one of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent has received a bachelor’s degree)
- Be a student with a documented life-long disability
- Be a student who meets specific approved federal income levels (see chart below)
|Family Size||Maximum Income Level (Taxable Income)|
Families with more than eight members or those living in Alaska or Hawaii, please contact Marcy LaBossiere, Interim Director of AMP / TRiO – Student Support Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Mary’s has already seen success for the students accepted into the AMP / TRiO program. Through academic and career advising, financial literacy, individual coaching and community building, our goal of helping disadvantaged students graduate is being met.
Apply to the AMP / TRiO Program
If you meet the requirements listed above and would like to be considered for the AMP / TRiO program, please complete the form below.
Please contact Marcy LaBossiere, Interim Director of AMP/TRiO-Student Support Services, at email@example.com with any questions regarding the program.