Free STEM Professional Development for Teachers
St. Mary’s University’s School of Science, Engineering and Technology hosts an ASM Teacher Camp during the summer for math and science teachers of students in grades 6-12.
July 17-21, 2023
St. Mary’s University
ASM Materials Camp®-Teachers is a free, week-long, idea-generating workshop introducing teachers to methods that make math and core science principles more enticing and relevant to their middle and high school students. Materials topics are great motivators in any engineering, technology or science course as students learn concepts that are reflected in their everyday lives.
Teachers leave our camps able to engage students using simple, low-cost experiments that integrate into existing lesson plans. Participants are eligible to receive four Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and can opt for two graduate-level credits.
Who should attend?
- Middle school and high school teachers with an interest in science, engineering and industrial/career and technical education.
- Pre-service science teachers
- Engage in hands-on, low-cost activities that you can integrate into your classroom immediately
- Help your students discover career opportunities in science and engineering, and meet practicing engineers
- Strong connection to NGSS
- NO CHARGE (a $1,200 value, made possible through generous donations to the ASM Materials Education Foundation)
- 4 CEUs (40 hours)
- Demonstration materials
Graduate Credits Available
Two (2) optional graduate credits available through the University of Missouri-Kansas City at $250 at participant’s expense.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or visit asmfoundation.org.
Jeane Deatherage, Administrator of Foundation Programs