For step-by-step instructions on how to effectively list your volunteer opportunities, check out our Rattler Connect: Volunteer Opportunity Posting Guide!
Our Non-Profit Agency Partners
The Civic Engagement Center values the partnerships and relationships with our community partners. In order for our students to enhance their collegiate experience, they are encouraged to go beyond the gates of St. Mary’s University, get into the community, and give back. Community Partners provide such experiences in ways that a classroom cannot.
Community partners can are welcomed to get involved in various ways:
- Be a Community-Based Work-Study Program Community Partner
- Be a host site for Continuing the Heritage Service Days
- Participate in Volunteer fairs and Post-Graduate Service fairs
- Be a recipient organization in the Miracle on 36th Street Toy and Donation Drive
- Host information tables in the University Atrium
- Host information sessions for interested students, classes, or registered student organizations
Community-Based Federal Work-Study Program
The Community-Based Federal Work-Study Program allows for local non-profit agencies to partner with the Civic Engagement Center to create off-campus work locations for students that have been granted federal financial aid in the form of a Work-Study position. Community Partners are selected in June/July, and are kept on file for one academic year. The Community-Based Work-Study Program Community Partner applications are currently not being accepted; however, below is further information on becoming a Community-Based Work-Study Program Partner.
- Complete a Community-Based Work-Study Program Partner application
- Be willing to provide meaningful, direct service opportunities for the students (less administrative/clerical duties)
- Provide opportunities for Community-Based Work-Study Program student member to successfully complete work-study hours awarded per semester
- Provide a site supervisor for the Community-Based Work-Study Program member
Please click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Community-Based Work-Study Program for Community Partners.
If you would like to receive notification when Community-Based Work-Study Program Community Partner applications become available, please contact the Civic Engagement Center staff at email@example.com or 210-436-3102. Clare Acosta-Matos, Director of the Civic Engagement Center can help you to design a meaningful year-long position for a student within your organization.