We are excited to welcome you to our campus. We look forward to seeing you and supporting your learning, growth, and development. If you have any questions, pleases email Residence Life at email@example.com or call us at 210-431-4312.
If you have an Instagram account, we encourage you to follow is @StMUResLife for updates and information.
- Single occupancy halls include Treadaway Hall (community bathroom).
- Single-suite style halls include Chaminade Hall (Grad/Law/over 21 years old), Leies Hall (Upperclassmen) and Perigueux Hall (Upperclassmen)
- Double occupancy halls include Anthony Frederick, Cremer, Dougherty, Founders, Lourdes, and Marian
- Adele, Bordeaux, and John Donohoo will be offline for the 2023-2024 academic year.
How will students be housed together Academic Year 2023-2024?
To qualify as fully vaccinated you must have: Received booster or Received Pfizer or Moderna within five months or Johnson & Johnson within the last two months. All students are strongly encouraged to obtain vaccination against COVID-19 to optimize the safety and well-being of the campus community. Students who have received their COVID vaccine are encouraged to log in to the Rattler Patient Portal and upload a copy of their vaccination card to add to their Student Health Center medical record. Students are not required to report vaccination status to live in University housing.
Will I be required to get the COVID-19 vaccine and show proof in order to live on campus?
As you make travel arrangements, please pay close attention to your respective Fall 2023 Move-In date outlined below:
- New First-Years and New Transfers attending August 10 Rattler Orientation only: Wednesday, Aug. 9 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- New First-Years and New Transfers that attended June Rattler Orientation programs only: Thursday, Aug. 10 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- All Returning/Other Residents: Sunday, Aug. 13 and Monday, Aug. 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Fall 2023 Classes Begin on Tuesday, Aug. 15.
When can I check-in/move-in for the Fall 2023 semester?
Protocols for close-contact exposure to COVID and for students who have tested positive can be found on the University’s website on the coronavirus webpage.
What happens if a resident student thinks they were exposed to someone with Covid-19?
Students diagnosed with COVID-19 should complete the COVID Self Reporting Form and are expected to isolate and recover at home if they live within 300 miles of San Antonio. Those who cannot return home will temporarily move into an isolation space until they are fully recovered. Designated isolation spaces will include a microwave and mini-refrigerator. Meals will be delivered to students living in isolation spaces. For more information on protocols and information for students who have tested positive can be found on the University’s website on the coronavirus webpage.
What happens if a resident student is confirmed to have COVID-19?
Please visit Campus Dish to see the daily and most updated campus dining hours.
What are the hours for campus dining venues on campus?
Yes, there is a two year live on policy for incoming students that live outside of Bexar County. Please review the On-Campus Residency Requirement here.
Is there a requirement to live on campus at St. Mary’s University?
We accept applications all year. Since we assign on a first-come, first-served basis, students are assigned from among the available beds at that time. If all beds are full, we hold the application for room assignment as beds become available.
Is there still space to live on campus?
We will take your building preferences, as submitted on your housing application, and what you are eligible for, into consideration when making final room assignments.
Will I be assigned the building/room I selected during the room selection process?
A request to cancel your residence hall reservation must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your name, student ID, and reason for cancellation.
- When you cancel, you forfeit the $100 non-refundable housing application fee.
- Please review Section 4 of the Residence Hall Agreement for detailed information about cancellation policies and penalty fees.