The St. Mary’s Business Office is dedicated to supporting the University community and assisting students with understanding and managing their financial obligations while enrolled at St. Mary’s University.
St. Louis Hall, Room 024
One Camino Santa Maria
San Antonio, Texas 78228
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student registration is not complete until all financial obligations have been met by the established deadlines. Payment arrangements include:
Student Billing and Payment Center by TouchNet
We are happy to announce a new partnership between St. Mary’s University and TouchNet Information Systems, Inc. TouchNnet is a leading software provider in student billing, payments and payment plans for higher education institutions.
Our new Student Billing and Payment Center by TouchNet can be accessed by St. Mary’s students to manage their student account and provide access to parents or family members through Gateway.
Students may enroll in one of four payment plans or pay the full semester balance.
PAY IN FULL
- Due Date: Aug. 15
FOUR-MONTH PAYMENT PLANS
Students may choose from two four-month payment plans with monthly due dates of the fifth (Plan A5) or 15th (Plan A15). Must enroll by Aug. 15.
- A5 Due Dates: Sept. 5, Oct. 5, Nov. 5, Dec. 5
- A15 Due Dates: Sept. 15, Oct. 15, Nov. 15, Dec. 15
FIVE-MONTH PAYMENT PLANS
Students may choose from two five-month payment plans with monthly due dates of the fifth (Plan B5) or 15th (Plan B15). Must enroll by Aug. 5.
- B5 Due Dates: Aug. 5, Sept. 5, Oct. 5, Nov. 5, Dec. 5
- B15 Due Dates: Aug. 15, Sept. 15, Oct. 15, Nov. 15, Dec. 15
Students who have not paid their fall semester balance in full by Aug. 15 or who have not enrolled in a payment plan by Aug. 5 will be auto-enrolled in Plan A5. A $35 enrollment fee will be applied to all payment plans.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Debit/Credit Cards: VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express and these forms of payments will require a 2.85% non-refundable processing fee for any transaction over the amount of $3.00.
- ACH – e–Check: An e-Check is an electronic withdrawal from a checking or savings bank account (routing and account numbers are required). There is no processing fee for paying using an e-Check. Please note that if your e-Check is returned unpaid to the University, a fee of $50.00 will be billed.
- In-person Payments: Students may submit payments in cash or with a check in person at the Business Office located in St. Louis Hall, Room 24.
Notice of Financial Responsibility
Enrollment in any St. Mary’s University course constitutes a promissory note for education purposes and includes a valid electronic signature. These charges are not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Should this note be placed in the hands of a collection agency, the student agrees to pay all costs of collection, including but not limited to, the reasonable fees and cost charged by the collection agency to enforce this note.
Employer Deferral Plan
Students wishing to participate in an employer tuition reimbursement program must first pay a $50 deferral fee. Then submit a signed Employer Payment Acknowledgement form located on Gateway, accompanied with a copy of their Employer’s Tuition Benefit Plan by the 12th class day each semester.
Once accepted, the balance will be deferred and payment will be expected thirty (30) days after classes have ended each semester. Any delay in full payment will incur a late fee of $200 and will result in a transcript HOLD and/or cancellation of future registrations without notice.
Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan (TGTP)
The Texas College Savings Plan is a qualified 529 savings plan offered through the state of Texas. As a courtesy, St. Mary’s University will bill TGTP directly each semester after the 25% refunding period listed on the academic calendar and so long as the following requirements are met:
- Provide a copy of the Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan Identification Card to the Business Office.
- Submit the Notice to Bill Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan form located on gateway every semester that you wish to use your plan to the Business Office.
- Payments are tentatively received between 30 to 45 days after invoicing.
Balances NOT covered by your plan are due by the designated due date each semester. Installment plans are also an option.
529 College Savings Plans
Different states have different requirements for application and remittance of payment. Therefore, it is recommended that you contact your state’s 529 plan directly. Students may need to provide a copy of their semester’s bill to their state plan. Payment are usually issued to the policy owner and not directly to the University.