The St. Mary’s Business Office is dedicated to supporting the University community and assisting students with understanding and managing their financial obligations while enrolled at St. Mary’s University.
St. Louis Hall, Room 024
One Camino Santa Maria
San Antonio, Texas 78228
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Temporary Online Services
Due to COVID-19, the Business Office will be offering online services until further notice. All services to support your financial student account needs are still available.
Many of our University services, including making payments, viewing statements and payment plans can be accessed on Gateway.
Payments can be made online via credit card (with fee) or by check with no fee.
Below are the steps to pay online:
- Log into your student account.
- Select Student Billing & Payment Center from Launchpad menu.
- Select Make a Payment from Home menu.
- Enter payment information.
Our office will continue to accept phone calls at 210-436-3731. If we do not respond, contact us at email@example.com and provide a phone number to return your call.
You may also request virtual appointments or help by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please continue to monitor the University website for emergency updates.
Student registration is not complete until all financial obligations have been met by the established deadlines. Payment arrangements include:
Student Billing and Payment Center by TouchNet
We are happy to announce a new partnership between St. Mary’s University and TouchNet Information Systems, Inc. TouchNet is a leading software provider in student billing, payments and payment plans for higher education institutions.
Our new Student Billing and Payment Center by TouchNet can be accessed by St. Mary’s students to manage their student account and provide access to parents or family members through Gateway.
Maymester and Summer 2020 Payment Deadlines and Plans
Students may enroll in one of three payment plans or pay the full semester balance by the first day of classes (Maymester, Summer I or Summer II, as applicable).
Three-Month Payment Plans
Students may choose from two, three-month payment plans with monthly due dates on the first (Plan A1) or with due dates on the 20th (Plan A20).
Three-Month Plan Due Dates:
- A1 Due Dates: June 1, July 1, Aug. 1
- A20 Due Dates: May 20, June 20, July 20
Two-Month Payment Plan
Students also may choose a two-month payment plan with monthly due dates of the first (plan B1).
- B1 Due Dates: July 1, Aug. 1
Students who have not paid their semester balance by the start of classes or who have not enrolled in a payment plan will be auto-enrolled in Plan A1. A $35 enrollment fee will be applied to all payment plans.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Debit/Credit Cards: VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express and these forms of payments will require a 2.85% non-refundable processing fee for any transaction over the amount of $3.
- ACH – eCheck: An eCheck is an electronic withdrawal from a checking or savings bank account (routing and account numbers are required). There is no processing fee for paying using an e-Check. Please note that if your eCheck is returned unpaid to the University, a fee of $50 will be billed.
- In-person Payments: Students may submit payments in cash or with a check in-person at the Business Office located in St. Louis Hall, Room 024.
Notice of Financial Responsibility
Enrollment in any St. Mary’s University course constitutes a promissory note for education purposes and includes a valid electronic signature. These charges are not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Should this note be placed in the hands of a collection agency, the student agrees to pay all costs of collection, including but not limited to, the reasonable fees and cost charged by the collection agency to enforce this note.
Employer Deferral Plan
Students wishing to participate in an employer tuition reimbursement program must first pay a $50 deferral fee. Then submit a signed Employer Payment Acknowledgement form located on Gateway, accompanied with a copy of their Employer’s Tuition Benefit Plan by the 12th class day each semester.
Once accepted, the balance will be deferred and payment will be expected thirty (30) days after classes have ended each semester. Any delay in full payment will incur a late fee of $200 and will result in a transcript HOLD and/or cancellation of future registrations without notice.
Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan (TGTP)
The Texas College Savings Plan is a qualified 529 savings plan offered through the state of Texas. As a courtesy, St. Mary’s University will bill TGTP directly each semester after the 25% refunding period listed on the academic calendar and so long as the following requirements are met:
- Provide a copy of the Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan Identification Card to the Business Office.
- Submit the Notice to Bill Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan form located on gateway every semester that you wish to use your plan to the Business Office.
- Payments are tentatively received between 30 to 45 days after invoicing.
Balances NOT covered by your plan are due by the designated due date each semester. Installment plans are also an option.
529 College Savings Plans
Different states have different requirements for application and remittance of payment. Therefore, it is recommended that you contact your state’s 529 plan directly. Students may need to provide a copy of their semester’s bill to their state plan. Payment are usually issued to the policy owner and not directly to the University.