The St. Mary’s Business Office is dedicated to supporting the University community and assisting students with understanding and managing their financial obligations while enrolled at St. Mary’s University.
St. Louis Hall, Room 024
One Camino Santa Maria
San Antonio, Texas 78228
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student registration is not complete until all financial obligations have been met by the established deadlines. Payment arrangements include:
Full Tuition is due by the start of classes each semester. (Balances not paid in full by this date will automatically be placed on an installment plan. See Installment Plan due dates below).
Acceptable Forms of Payment
Payments can be made electronically by check and/or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) 24 hours/7 days a week through Gateway.
While we encourage you to make payments electronically, payments are still accepted at the Business Office located in St. Louis Hall, Room 24.
Notice of Financial Responsibility
Enrollment in any St. Mary’s University course constitutes a promissory note for education purposes and includes a valid electronic signature. These charges are not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Should this note be placed in the hands of a collection agency, the student agrees to pay all costs of collection, including but not limited to, the reasonable fees and cost charged by the collection agency to enforce this note.
Automatic Installment Plan
The St. Mary’s University automatic installment plan is designed to make current semester balances more affordable by spreading payments over the course of the semester.
Payments should be calculated utilizing the financial award information listed on Gateway. Keep in mind, the amounts listed are not actual values and could cause the final payment to be larger.
What you should know:
- Payments will be calculated utilizing the existing balance after the first class day minus any pending aid. (Excludes work study)
- Plan is interest free
- Work Study earning selected for direct deposit will be applied to the current payment due
- Installment plans will be reviewed through the semester to accommodate changes in charges and awards
- Installment amounts will be adjusted for changes not calculated in the initial installment plan
- Credits including Tuition Assistance, Ch33 benefits, outside scholarships, and bookstore closures will decrease current payment due but will not change payment amounts
- $50 Late Fee will be assessed for every payment not received by the designated due dates
Automatic Installment Plan Due Dates:
- Fall Term due dates: Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1, and Dec. 1
- Spring Term due dates: Feb. 1, March 1, April 1, and May 1
- Summer Term due dates: June 1, July 1, and Aug. 1
*The St. Mary’s University installment plan constitutes a promissory note for education purposes and your enrollment includes a valid electronic signature. These charges are not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Should this note be placed in the hands of a collection agency, the student agrees to pay all costs of collection, including but not limited to, the reasonable fees and cost charged by the collection agency to enforce this note.
Employer Deferral plan
Students wishing to participate in an employer tuition reimbursement program must first pay a $50 deferral fee. Then submit a signed Employer Payment Acknowledgement form located on Gateway, accompanied with a copy of their Employer’s Tuition Benefit Plan by the 12th class day each semester.
Once accepted, the balance will be deferred and payment will be expected thirty (30) days after classes have ended each semester. Any delay in full payment will incur a late fee of $200 and will result in a transcript HOLD and/or cancellation of future registrations without notice.
Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan (TGTP)
The Texas College Savings Plan is a qualified 529 savings plan offered through the state of Texas. As a courtesy, St. Mary’s University will bill TGTP directly each semester after the 25% refunding period listed on the academic calendar and so long as the following requirements are met:
- Provide a copy of the Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan Identification Card to the Business Office.
- Submit the Notice to Bill Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan form located on gateway every semester that you wish to use your plan to the Business Office.
- Payments are tentatively received between 30 to 45 days after invoicing.
Balances NOT covered by your plan are due by the designated due date each semester. Installment plans are also an option and require the submission of a Financial Planning form.
529 College Savings Plans
Different states have different requirements for application and remittance of payment. Therefore, it is recommended that you contact your state’s 529 plan directly. Students may need to provide a copy of their semester’s bill to their state plan. Payment are usually issued to the policy owner and not directly to the University.