Effective May 31, 2013, physical refund checks can no longer be picked up at the Business Office. Physical checks will be mailed to the student’s mailing address as indicated with the Office of the Registrar.
To avoid delays in receiving your refund, students are encouraged to create an electronic refund profile in the Student Billing and Payment Center on Gateway. Electronic refund profile should be created at least two business days prior to the expected refund date.
It is also strongly recommended that routing/account information be validated with your financial institution before submission, as inaccurate or illegible banking information will also cause a postponement of your refund.
Summer 2020 refund dates are as follows:
- Friday, May 22, 2020 – Initial refunds for law students only
- Friday, May 29, 2020 – Refunds for law students only
- Wednesday, June 3, 2020 – Refunds for all classifications
- Friday, June 5, 2020 – Refunds for all classifications
- Wednesday, Jun. 10, 2020 – Begin regular Wednesday refunds for all classifications
Fall 2020 refund dates are as follows:
- Friday, August 21, 2020 – Refunds for all classifications
- Wednesday, August 26, 2020 – Refunds for all classifications
- Friday, August 28, 2020 – Refunds for all classifications
- Wednesday, September 2, 2020 – Begin regular Wednesday refunds for all classifications
Refunds are disbursed every Wednesday but are subject to change due to University closures and/or holidays.
Student accounts are reviewed weekly by the Business Office after the semester’s initial disbursement of refunds. If the amount of financial awards exceeds the charges billed to the account, students may expect to receive a refund. Refunds are submitted for deposit every Wednesday and are generally made available to the student on the same day. However, the availability of the funds is determined by the student’s bank.
For students with online credit card transactions, a refund will be credited to the card used for payment. For those students not enrolled in the direct deposit program, refunds will be forwarded to the mailing address listed on file by the university. If a mailed check is not received at the mailing address, there is a 15 business day waiting period before a replacement check can be issued. Refunds are not available for pick up.
The Business Office will withhold processing a refund for 15 business days if payment is received by personal or electronic check. In addition, students whose balances are paid by a third party (military, Texas Tomorrow Fund, ROTC, etc.) will not be entitled to a refund until full payment has been received by the third party.