Army scholarships are available in four-, three-, and two-year terms. Apply online for four-year scholarships (by Nov. 15 of your high school senior year).
All Army scholarships require that you:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be age:
- 17 by Oct. 1 of the year you begin college
- Be less than 31 by Dec. 31 of your graduation year
- Nursing students have to be less than 41 by Dec. 31 of your graduation year
- Prior service military may be eligible for age waiver.
- Graduate high school graduate or successfully complete equivalent training
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Pursue an Army approved academic major
- Agree to accept a commission as either a regular Army, Army National Guard, or Army Reserve Officer
- Meet physical/medical requirements
Four- and three-year scholarships require that you receive at least a minimum ACT score of 19 or an composite SAT score of 920.
Two-year scholarships do not require an ACT or SAT score.
St. Mary’s University Incentive
As part of the University’s support for Army ROTC, the Executive Council has authorized Army ROTC scholarship winners to receive university-funded grants equal to the cost of room and board at St. Mary’s. No other university’s incentive package comes close to matching the support that St. Mary’s shows to its corps of cadets. In addition, the St. Mary’s ROTC department has incentive-based awards for cadets that excel in academics, the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT), and other activities associate with ROTC.
Incentives to ROTC Scholarship Winners
If you are awarded a ROTC Scholarship, the scholarship will cover:
- All tuition and fees
- $1,200 a year for books ($600 per semester)
- $350-$500 monthly stipend
- $350 for freshman
- $400 for sophmores
- $450 for juniors
- $500 for seniors
- A meal plan
- Free room and board