The St. Mary’s University Department of Music is excited to welcome you to our annual Scholarship Auditions! Whether you’re a vocalist, instrumentalist, composer, or music enthusiast, we invite you to audition and showcase your exceptional musical abilities.
This is your chance to shine and potentially receive financial support to further your musical education.
Why Apply for the Music Scholarship?
- Financial Support: This scholarship offers financial assistance to help you pursue your musical goals.
- Eligibility: Music Scholarships are available for Music Majors, Music Minors, and students participating in the performing ensembles. Students from all major areas and concentrations may audition.
- Mentorship: Gain access to renowned faculty and industry professionals who will guide you on your musical journey.
- Performance Opportunities: Showcase your talents at prestigious events and concerts hosted by St. Mary’s University.
- Ensembles: Wind Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra, Concert Choir, Jazz Orchestra, Guitar Ensemble, Mariachi, Opera/Musical, Rattler Band (Pep Band),
- Community: Join a vibrant community of fellow student musicians who share your passion for music-making.
St. Mary’s Audition Details
- December 2, 2023
- February 3, 2024
- March 2, 2024
- April 6, 2024
- Audition Requirements: Perform two contrasting pieces of your choice. Selections may include, but are not limited to, a solo, etude, or ensemble excerpt.
- Accompaniment: Students may choose to perform their audition with our without accompaniment. Students may also bring an audio recording as accompaniment. The Department of Music will provide a Bluetooth speaker.
- Percussion: The Department of Music will provide a Timpani, Marimba, Snare Drum, Drumset, and Xylophone for percussion students to audition on. Students should bring their own sticks and mallets.
Apply to Audition
- Complete the Audition Registration Form: Include your musical activities, honors/awards, major instrument, or voice.
- Prepare Your Audition: Practice your chosen audition repertoire.
- Perform your audition: Meet the students and Faculty of the Department of Music on your indicated audition day and perform your selected music.
- St. Mary’s University Music Faculty will evaluate the auditions based on skill, technique, and artistic expression.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified via email.
Questions and Support
Should you have any questions or require assistance during the application and audition process, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Jennifer Greulich in the Department of Music at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If an interested student is not able to make one of those established dates, they may request to do an audition at another time throughout the year or, for those who live a distance away from campus, audition via Zoom. Email Jennifer Greulich at email@example.com to request accommodations.
This is your opportunity to turn your passion for music into a promising future. We look forward to witnessing your extraordinary musical talents and welcoming you into our musical community!