Women’s History Month is observed in March each year, with the purpose of recognizing and reclaiming women’s history and raising awareness. Students, staff, faculty and alumni participate in the Women’s History Month (WHM) Planning Committee. The WHM Planning Committee typically meets starting each October and continues to meet through April.
Over the years, the Women’s History Month Planning Committee has organized numerous events at St. Mary’s University. Some examples include the Alice Wright Franzke Feminist Award Luncheon, a blessing of women at the University, presentations by students and faculty about related research, poetry readings, book club discussions, the Alma L. Lopez Woman in Law Student Leadership Award ceremony, student panel discussions, and more.
We welcome new faces and fresh energy, so come and share your ideas.
To join the Women’s History Month planning discussion list, log into Gateway, click on “Resources” near the top and click on RattlerTracks. Under Organizations, search or select Women’s History Month Committee and join our group. Questions about RattlerTracks? Contact Marcy LaBossiere at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the St. Mary’s University Women’s History Month Group on Facebook.
Questions about the Women’s History Month Committee? Contact Prof. Diane Duesterhoeft at email@example.com.
- March 2015: Weaving the Stories of Women’s Lives
- March 2014: Celebrating Women of Character, Courage and Commitment
- March 2013: Women Inspiring Innovation Through Imagination
- March 2012: Women’s Education — Women’s Empowerment
- March 2011: Our History is Our Strength
- March 2010: Writing Women Back into History
- March 2009: Women Taking the Lead to Save our Planet
- March 2008: Women’s Art, Women’s Vision
- March 2007: Feminism: The Other “F” Word
- March 2006: Women: Builders of Communities and Dreams
- March 2004: Women Inspiring Hope and Possibility