Pre-Law Advising at St. Mary’s University provides undergraduate students with information and opportunities to enhance their chances for admission to law school and prepare them for successful legal careers.
Pre-Law Advising provides:
• Assistance with designing a Pre-Law academic plan
• Advice on undergraduate curriculum
• Guidance on law school application timetables
• Help with letters of recommendation and personal statements
• Law school selection assistance
• Information about taking the Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
• Information about law school forums
• Faculty interaction and mentoring on legal career opportunities
LSAT Preparation Course
LSAT courses are held on campus and aim to prepare students for their law school entrance exam. For more information about the prep-course, contact a Pre-Law adviser.
Students interested in receiving Pre-Law Advising may also be interested in the Nelson Wolff Law Early Admission Program through which students receive guaranteed admission to St. Mary’s School of Law, or Guaranteed Admission to St. Mary’s School of Law through which a student can earn an undergraduate degree from St. Mary’s University and a law degree from St. Mary’s School of Law in six years.
For information about requirements for the Nelson Wolff Law Early Admission Program or Guaranteed Admission to St. Mary’s School of Law, visit the University Catalog.
For information regarding admission to the St. Mary’s School of Law, please contact Law School Admissions.
Below are a few helpful resources for students interested in law school:
- Law School Admission Council
- Paying for Law School: A Preliminary Guide by the Law School Admission Council
- LSAT Prep information provided by the Law School Admission Council
- LSAT Prep with the Khan Academy
- Council on Legal Education Opportunities Inc.
- LSAP Prep Options with KAPLAN
- LSAT Prep: Two and Four Month Study Plan