- Bachelor of Arts https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/theology/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/assumption-chapel-stained-glass.jpg
- Minor https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/theology/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/assumption-chapel-stained-glass.jpg
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the ACT or SAT test is optional for prospective students applying for Fall 2020 to join the St. Mary’s University freshmen class of 2024.
The interdisciplinary Theology curriculum at St. Mary’s is rooted in the Catholic and Marianist tradition of service while offering courses that are inclusive of all students and faith traditions.
Several study options are available:
Students can also pursue a combined degree:
Students of all majors take at least two courses in Theology as part of the Core Curriculum. Through the open, critical study of scripture, moral theology and systemic theology, majors build on a commitment to the compatibility of faith and reason.
- Moral Theology / Christian Ethics
- Major Old Testament Themes
- Major New Testament Themes
- Catholic Social Ethics
Find all course descriptions and requirements:
Theology majors have gone on to:
- teach in Catholic parochial and high schools
- work in parish and diocesan administrative positions
- serve as catechetical leaders
Others have pursued master’s and doctoral studies and have taught in colleges and universities.
Theologian to discuss imagery of the apocalypse
The St. Mary’s Humanities are going to College
U.S. News ranks St. Mary’s second in West for value, top in SA for social mobility
St. Mary’s University Alumni Association to honor distinguished alumni
Ethics expert proposes framework for “Voting Catholic”
Faculty excellence propels St. Mary’s to be the finest
Todd R. Hanneken, Ph.D. Chair of the Theology Department
James Ball, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Theology
William Buhrman, Ph.D. Interim Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Sara Ronis, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Theology
Allison L. Gray, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Theology and Greek
Rev. Rudy Vela, S.M., D.Min. Assistant Professor of Theology