The SABÉR Research Institute is an economic development think tank dedicated to researching regional economies and their development. The Institute is committed to providing expert counsel and research to organizations such as city government and businesses.
The SABÉR Institute is also committed to giving back to the community and educating young people studying economics. It provides St. Mary’s students with research, internship, and paid consulting opportunities. These are unique ways to gain professional experience working with county, city and state entities while providing the community with valuable data and economic analysis services.
SABÉR stands for the Strategic Alliance for Business and Economic Research Institute. The Institute is committed to providing expert counsel and research to organizations such as city government and businesses while simultaneously giving back to the community and educating young people studying economics.
SABÉR aims to:
- Aid the St. Mary’s University Neighborhood Revitalization Project
- Disseminate knowledge on regional economies and their development
- Provide educational, research and service opportunities for students
- Deliver high-quality economic research to the Hispanic Chamber and other clients
- Assist St. Mary’s with grant applications toward achieving long-term goals
SABÉR has provided services to organizations including:
- The City of San Antonio
- State of Texas Office of Rural Community Affairs
- The Broward County, Fla., Cultural Plan
- Fort Sam Houston
- Davis Cup
- San Antonio Downtown Development