- Bachelor of Arts https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/computer-information-systems/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/computer-info-systems.jpg
The Computer Information Systems major covers much of the same topics as a Computer Science program. The difference: CIS focuses not just on how the technology works but on what type of technology should be used to solve a business problem.
St. Mary’s also offers a Master of Science in Computer Information Systems. The Combined Degree Program allows students to complete both degrees in as little as five years.
The Bachelor of Arts in Computer Information Systems has both computer science and business-related course requirements.
Course highlights include:
- Business Statistics, Economics and Accounting
- Conventional and Object Oriented Programming
- Computer Architecture and Operating Systems
- Databases, and Computer Networks
- Software Engineering
This program provides the foundation for a broad range of career options. CIS graduates often plan, coordinate and direct computer-related activities within an organization.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that employment in this field will grow 15 percent by 2022 as demand for computer and information system managers increases due to wireless and mobile network expansion.
Computer Information Systems careers include:
- Database Administrator
- Technical Director
- Operations Officer
- IT Consultant
- Systems Analyst