- Master of Science https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/master-computer-information-systems/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/computer-information-systems.jpg
- On Campus
Master of Science in Computer Information Systems students take 33 credit hours of course work and complete a project.
Combined Degree Option
St. Mary’s also offers a combined Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Computer Information Systems that can be completed in as little as five years. An intensive course of study, undergraduate students begin graduate course work during their senior year.
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Files and Database
- Hardware and Operating Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design
See the catalog for a complete list of courses and descriptions:
Typical employers include computer companies, research and development laboratories, educational organizations, entertainment industries, aerospace contractors, financial institutions, telecommunication sector, and government agencies.
Computer information systems professionals work in jobs such as:
- Operations officer
- Technical director
Applicants should have taken programming classes including data structures and object-oriented programming.
Prerequisites include computer programming skills, mathematical maturity and current, relevant technical knowledge.
For specific admission requirements, see the catalog.