- Bachelor of Science https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/mechanical-engineering/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/mechanical-engineering.jpg
The Bachelor of Science degree program in Mechanical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The Mechanical Engineering program offers one major.
- Circuits and Systems
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Thermodynamics I
- Fluid Mechanics
- Materials Science
See the catalog for a complete list of courses and descriptions:
Spanning multiple industries, the career opportunities for mechanical engineers are numerous, ranging from large multinational corporations to small local companies. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that mechanical engineers will experience faster than average job growth in numerous sectors, particularly energy fields.
Mechanical Engineering career possibilities include:
- Biomedical science in engineering
- Aerospace engineering
- Automotive engineering
- Electronics and semiconductors
- Mechatronics and robotics
- Renewable and clean energy, biofuels and electrical power
- Oil and gas producing and refining
Amber McClung, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Juan D. Ocampo, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Nazia Afrin, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Miguel Cortina Ponton Instructor of Engineering
Morgan Bruns, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Parker Shectman, Ph.D. Visiting Assistant Professor of Industrial Engineering