Our academic offerings encompass a foundational approach to theatre that invite students to explore more specialized topics and applications. The emphasis is on practice, production, and performance. Each of these areas allow for the pursuit of historical and contemporary trends while perfecting student skills and knowledge.
- Voice and Diction
- Costume Construction
See the catalog for a complete list of courses, including course descriptions:
Drama graduates have continued to apply their expertise in not only theatrical production and performance but also in related fields in education, communications, media and film.
Many have found their theatre background was an added asset when employed with:
- Theatre companies
- School districts
- Government agencies
- Non-profit organizations
- Film studios
Our Drama minors have gained production experience through paid internships and employment with companies such as:
- The Magik Children’s Theatre
- The Sheldon Vexler Theatre
- Children’s Ballet of San Antonio
- The San Pedro Playhouse (now The Pubic Theatre of San Antonio)
- SeaWorld of San Antonio
- San Antonio Parks & Recreation’s Sunken Garden Theatre
- Tecumseh!, an outdoor drama in Ohio
- London theatres when participating in the London Study Abroad program
We have attended performances, workshops, tours in the West End, Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, the National Theatre, Royal Court Theatre, the Royal Opera House as well as the Victoria & Albert Museum, the Design Museum and more.