- Minor https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/physics/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/physics-student.jpg
- Bachelor of Arts https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/physics/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/physics-student.jpg
- Bachelor of Science https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/physics/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/physics-student.jpg
Depending on the degree option selected, students will be required to take additional biology, chemistry, math and physics courses.
Many Physics majors often double major in other areas such as Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science or Mathematics. With proper planning, a double major can be completed in four years.
Physics is an intensive course of study that emphasizes analytical and problem solving skills.
- Quantum Mechanics
- Robotics Lab
- Computational Physics Lab
To browse all physics courses, including course descriptions, see the catalog:
Physics, Applied Physics, and Biophysics offer a very balanced background for students to enter a variety of careers with or without an advanced degree. An example of the careers our recent graduates have pursued include:
- Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Aerospace Engineer
- Neurology and Neuroscience
- Big Data
- Medical and Dental Careers
- Software Development
- K-12 teaching
- Environmental Engineering
Coming from Peru as a low-income first-generation student was not easy, but with the support from my professors, I was able to learn and gain invaluable quantitative skills and research opportunities. These allowed me to excel academically, with two published publications, and professionally, securing a full-time position at JPMorgan after graduation.Josemaria Soriano, Physics and Mathematics major, Class of 2020