Certificate in Community-Based Assessment and Evaluation
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
HSS is the cornerstone of St. Mary's liberal arts and Marianist education. With more than 20 disciplines to choose from, this is the largest school on campus.
The Certificate in Community-Based Assessment and Evaluation is available to undergraduate and graduate students. Students benefit from small classes, personal advising and faculty recognized for their teaching. Classes for undergraduate students enrolled in this program take place on the St. Mary’s University campus and certificate courses for graduate students are online.
By completing an academic certificate in Community-Based Assessment and Evaluation, undergraduate students will:
- Strengthen their application to graduate school by learning advanced concepts in applied statistics, measurement, and grant writing.
- Accrue practical experience through collaborations with local non-profit organizations.
- Build a strong professional network via contacts made with local agencies
- Enact the Marianist charism by providing competent services to non-profit organizations that meet community-identified needs.
By completing an academic certificate in Community-Based Assessment and Evaluation, graduate students will:
- Develop research skills and strengthen their knowledge of statistics, making them more appealing to prospective doctoral programs or employers.
- Apply their expertise in their graduate program toward addressing complex problems affecting vulnerable populations
- Gain practical experience which will introduce students to new professional relationships and build their professional résumé.
Courses and Certificate Plan
Learn more about courses for the Certificate in Community-Based Assessment and Evaluation by visiting the University Catalog.
Undergraduate Certificate in Community-based Assessment and Evaluation (On-Campus)
Graduate Certificate in Community-based Assessment and Evaluation (Online)
St. Mary’s offers various scholarships, grants and assistantships to graduate students. Military, their dependents and Department of Defense employees may be eligible for a tuition discount. Please contact the Office of Financial Assistance at 210-436-3141 or email@example.com for additional information or visit www.stmarytx.edu/finaid.