- Minor https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/sociology/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/sociology-student.jpg
- Bachelor of Arts https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/sociology/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/sociology-student.jpg
Students can major or minor in one of the following options:
Law School Options
- The Pre-law Program increases your chance of gaining admission to law school.
- The Nelson Wolff Law Early Admission Program helps motivated students graduate in less time.
- The Guaranteed Law School Admission Program guarantees St. Mary’s graduates admission to the School of Law, if they meet certain criteria.
For more information about any of these law-related programs, please see the School of Law Admission section.
Sociology major courses include:
- Social Stratification—Race, Class, Gender
- Introduction to Statistics
- Family Violence
- Population and Society
- Qualitative Research Methods
Browse courses and course descriptions in the catalog:
Talk to faculty about career and graduate school options. We will review programs for tailored interests, financial options, and current opportunities with accelerated degree programs affiliated with St. Mary’s and our partner universities. One of the most important things a student can do to prepare for a career and/or graduate school is to participate in faculty mentored research and get applied experience with an internship, study abroad or volunteerism.
Potential careers for Sociology majors include:
- Healthcare resource professional
- Social service advocate
- Data analyst
- Market researcher
- Policy analyst
- Urban development specialist
- Community health worker
- DEI coordinator