- Bachelor of Arts https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/sociology/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/sociology-student.jpg
- Minor https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/sociology/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/sociology-student.jpg
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the ACT or SAT test is optional for prospective students applying for Fall 2020 to join the St. Mary’s University freshmen class of 2024.
Students can major or minor in one of the following options:
Law School Options
- The Pre-law Program increases your chance of gaining admission to law school.
- The Nelson Wolff Law Early Admission Program helps motivated students graduate in less time.
- The Guaranteed Law School Admission Program guarantees St. Mary’s graduates admission to the School of Law, if they meet certain criteria.
For more information about any of these law-related programs, please see the School of Law Admission section.
Sociology at St. Mary’s is designed to foster the goals of a twenty-first century liberal arts and sciences education. We educate our students to think systematically, intellectually, ethically, and critically about society.
Sociology major courses include:
- Cultural Anthropology
- Social Stratification
- Social Psychology
- Qualitative Research Methods
Browse courses and course descriptions in the catalog: