Military Tuition Grants
St. Mary’s offers tuition grants for part-time undergraduates, as well as part-time and full-time graduate students who qualify.
Active-duty Military: The tuition rate for qualified part-time military students is $260 per credit hour. For qualification requirements at the undergraduate level, contact Undergraduate Admission at 210-436-3126.
Let us help you get started at St. Mary’s
For admission information, contact the Office of Admission at 210-436-3126.
For information about financial assistance and your military or VA benefits, contact Theresa Barrera at 210-436-3141 or at email@example.com.
Active-duty military, retired military, Department of Defense employees, and spouses of these groups qualify for the $260 per credit hour tuition with or without military/DOD tuition assistance. This per-credit hour rate is valid for part-time and full-time students. Graduate students should contact Graduate Admission at 210-436-3101.
Please note: The military tuition rate is not applicable to the Ph.D. programs or the School of Law at St. Mary’s University.
The discount is applied to tuition only and any other fees associated with enrollment will be the responsibility of the students. Discounts are not applicable to students for whom 100 percent tuition is paid by any third-party payer or using VA Educational Benefits. Discounts may be reversed if third-party or VA eligibility for benefits is received after discount(s) have been applied.
Post 9/11 GI Bill
If you were on active duty on or after Sept. 11, 2001, you may be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill. The Post 9/11 GI Bill (effective Aug. 1, 2009) makes the following educational benefits available:
- Tuition and fees paid directly to the school are capped at $21,970.46 for the 2016-2017 academic year. For more information, click here.
- A monthly housing allowance based on the rate of an E-5 with dependents at the location of the school.
- A stipend for books and supplies of up to $1,000 a year.
Yellow Ribbon Program
In gratitude for your service to our country, we provide extra funds to eligible veterans who enroll in undergraduate, graduate, or law school. These funds help cover a portion of eligible fees that exceed the cap. St. Mary’s contributes a set amount, and the V.A. matches that amount.
Veterans who are eligible for the Pell Grant can receive these funds in addition to the amount received through the Yellow Ribbon Program. You may be eligible if:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after Sept. 10, 2001 of at least 36 months
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after Sept. 10, 2001
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above
Book and Supply Voucher
Ch. 31 Voc Rehab students are the only students provided with these vouchers. Book Vouchers are sent directly to the St. Mary’s Bookstore. Please contact the Business Office or review your Student Account in Gateway to ensure funds have been sent to the Book Store. Please note, a current VA 22-1905 must be on hand to provide the vouchers.