To enhance student learning and opportunities, the School of Science, Engineering and Technology offers several programs to assist students in achieving their educational and career goals.
These include academic enhancement as well as experiential learning opportunities that will better prepare our students for meeting the challenges they will face in graduate school, in professional school, or in their future careers.
- Biaggini Research Program – an endowed program that promotes research projects and provides scholarships to biology majors
- MARC U*STAR Program – provides underrepresented students with opportunities to complete research training and work with biomedical faculty mentors
- Pre-Health Professional Programs – pre-med, pre-dental, etc. for those who want to pursue health care professions
- Title V – Building Capacity for Excellence in STEM Education – a 2013-2019 grant supporting STEM education development
- Combined Degrees – earn both a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in just five years
- NSF Noyce grant – a one-year grant to increase the K-12 STEM teaching pipeline
- NSF FUERTE grant – to increase the number of Latino students who obtain baccalaureate degrees in STEM fields