To enhance student learning and opportunities, the School of Science, Engineering and Technology offers several programs to assist students in achieving their educational and career goals.
These include academic enhancement as well as experiential learning opportunities that will better prepare our students for meeting the challenges they will face in graduate school, in professional school, or in their future careers.
- Biaggini Research Program – an endowed program that promotes research projects and provides scholarships to biology majors
- MARC U*STAR Program – provides underrepresented students with opportunities to complete research training and work with biomedical faculty mentors
- Pre-Health Professional Programs – pre-med, pre-dental, etc. for those who want to pursue health care professions
- Title V – Building Capacity for Excellence in STEM Education – a 2019-2024 grant supporting STEM education development
- Combined Degrees – earn both a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in just five years
- NSF FUERTE grant – to increase the number of Latino students who obtain baccalaureate degrees in STEM fields
- NSF LSAMP – to help increase diversity in the STEM workforce by increasing the number of baccalaureate and graduate degrees produced in the nation
- TITLE V CURE Grant – to renovate several labs and classrooms and implement a more hands-on approach for STEM curriculum