- University of Central Florida, Ph.D.
- University of Central Florida, M.F.A.
- Susquehanna University, B.A.
- Intersection of narrative and performance
- Digital storytelling
- Multimodal composition
- Collaborative authorship
Amanda Hill joins St. Mary’s University after completing a Ph.D. in Texts & Technology at the University of Central Florida. While there she conducted research for the School of Visual Arts and Design and the College of Arts and Humanities. She holds an M.F.A. in Theatre from the University of Central Florida and a B.A. in Theatre from Susquehanna University.
- Underberg-Goode, N., Andrews, E., Burke, M., Hill, A., Horn, E., Wheeler, S. (Forthcoming) “I am UCF: Diverse Digital Narrative.” Media Education Research Journal.
- Hill, A., Kretzschmar, M., Morton, D., & Raffel, S. (2018). Eenie Meenie Miney Mose: Using Experimental Citizen Curating to Engage Visitors with Racial Ephemera. Florida Studies.
- Hill, A. (2017). Lit Recipes: Creating Recipes for Literary Characters. In T. Hetland (Ed.) Teaching Literature with Digital Technology (pp. 305-320). Boston, MA: Bedford/St. Martin’s.
- Argo, B., DeArmas, N., Hill, A., Raffel, S., & Welch, S. (2016). The Way It Used to Be Exploring Cultural Heritage through the Augmented Reality Story of a Neighborhood Soul Food Restaurant. Visual Ethnography 5(2), 55-78.
- Hill, A., & Freeman, E. (2011) When One Door Closes: A Dialogue on a New Residency with Homeless Youth. Incite/Insight 3(4), 19-22.
- Hill, A. (2018). Personal (Public) Identities: Developing a tool to record and analyzethe dialogic process of co-productive identity narratives in digital storytelling, Narrative Matters, Enschede, Netherlands.
- Hill, A. (2018). Crafting Memory: Where Oral History Meets Narrative in theCreation of a Mobile Game, International Oral History Association Congress, Jyväskylä, Finland.
- Hill, A.& Horn, E. (2017). Creating Individually and Collectively; Building Identity and Community: The Intersections of Theatre and Digital Storytelling, HASTAC, Orlando, FL.
- Hill, A., Horn, E. & Wheeler, S. (2017). I am UCF Digital Storytelling Database, HASTAC, Orlando, FL.
- Hill, A. & Moeller, L.(2017).Pattern and Randomness in Code and Poetry, HASTAC, Orlando, FL.
- Hill, A., Raffel, S., DeArmas, N., & Argo, B. (2017).Welcome to Nikki’s Place MobileNarrative Demonstration, HASTAC, Orlando, FL.
- Hill, A., (2016).Digital Storytelling and Social Impact in the Classroom, InternationalDigital Media Arts Association Conference, Winona, MN.
- Hill, A. (2015).Finding Beauty: A Reflection on Creating a Digital Story with HighSchool Girls about Beauty and Womanhood. “Voices of Change” International Digital Storytelling Conference, Amherst, MA.
- Hill, A., Raffel, S., & Argo, B. (2015).Interactive Stories for the Classroom: Creationand Curriculum. “Voices of Change” International Digital Storytelling Conference, Amherst, MA.