Washington Monthly magazine just released their ranking of America’s Best Master’s Universities and Baccalaureate Colleges. St. Mary’s University is first in the nation in the category of Master’s Universities for promoting an ethic of service to country; fostering scientific and humanistic research; and performing as an engine of social mobility.
The September issue includes an article featuring St. Mary’s. Erin Dillon, the senior policy analyst at Education Sector, an independent think tank in Washington, D.C., who wrote the article, says:
“Institutions like St. Mary’s and our other top-ranked master’s and baccalaureate institutions don’t spend a lot of time and money chasing after fame and glory. They’re too busy serving their students and communities well. In doing so, they have a lot to teach academia about giving back to the country.”
Other rankings include:
- Forbes’ list of “America’s Best Colleges” for 2011, listed St. Mary’s in their top 610 schools nationally, which places the University in the top seven percent of more than 6,600 accredited post-secondary institutions. The ranking recognizes academic excellence, high graduation rates, best value and graduates’ long-term earning power.
- The Education Trust designated St. Mary’s among one of the nation’s best universities for graduating Hispanics at the same rate as non-Hispanic students
- St. Mary’s ranked seventh in the West region for quality and value in the “Great Schools, Great Prices” category of U.S. News & World Report’s 2011 “America’s Best Colleges” edition, marking the 17th consecutive year St. Mary’s has appeared in the top tier of colleges and universities in our region
- The School of Law is included in the listing of “Best Value Law Schools” by preLaw magazine, one of only 11 private law schools in the nation to make the list of 60, and the only private law school in Texas to be included
- PayScale.com reports St. Mary’s graduates’ long-term earning potential is first among San Antonio colleges and universities and in the top 20 percent in the South