- Master of Arts https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/master-public-administration/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/texas-capitol.jpg
President Woodrow Wilson
It is the object of administrative study to discover, first, what government can properly and successfully do, and, secondly, how it can do these proper things with the utmost possible efficiency and at the least possible cost either of money or of energy.
Students can specialize in General Public Administration or Urban Management.
The Urban Management specialization focuses on how local government area administered and managed. Courses address contemporary issues confronting urban managers, such as:
- Management of scarce resources
- Ethics and leadership
- Effective service delivery
Students can also pursue a combined 5-year program:
Courses are taught by highly respected faculty members and practitioners in urban management and public policy.
- Policy Formulation and Implementation
- Human Resources Management
- The Management of Public Budget
Students also participate in an internship or Applied Public Service.
See full course details in the catalog: