- Master of Science https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/master-industrial-engineering-management/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/industrial-engineering-1.jpg
- On Campus
Selected course offerings:
- Six-Sigma Quality
- Lean Production
- APICS Supply Chain Management
- APICS Logistics
- Data Visualization using Tableau and PowerBI
- Project Management
- Ethics, Leadership, and Organizational Management
- Agile System Development
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Systems Engineering
- Engineering Systems Management
- Engineering and Society
Graduates of the program gain the skills to increase the efficiency of systems by finding improved solutions to a diverse set of business problems. Their diverse skillset allows them to work in technical and management positions.
Our graduates are employed by a variety of companies, including but not limited to the following: Boeing, Koch, USAA, Southwest Research Institute, Valero, Zachry, UPS, HEB, and Labatt Food.
The Master of Science in Industrial Engineering and Management is a 30-credit hour program.
Students can elect to choose from capstone project, thesis, and all course options. Students can take up to 6 credits from other major areas with advisor permission.
Applicants must have:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or a closely related discipline such as physics or mathematics. The graduate program director will evaluate applicants from other disciplines on an individual basis.
- A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (A = 4.00) for their bachelor’s degree.
- We do not require GRE scores from the applicants.
- International students must submit TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo scores. Students who do not meet minimum language proficiency requirements may apply to the St. Mary’s Intensive English Program (IEP) and be considered for admission upon successful completion of the IEP. See below for the score requirements for each test.
- Submit a completed application form, a resume, a written statement of purpose indicating the applicant’s interests and objectives, two letters of recommendation concerning the applicant’s potential for succeeding in the graduate program, and official transcripts of all college level work.
Applicants who fail to meet any of the above requirements may be admitted on a conditional status. The Graduate Program Director will evaluate these cases on an individual basis.
- International students must submit the TOEFL scores and show a minimum of 80 in the Internet-based test or 213 in the computer-based test or 550 in the paper-based test.
- TOEFL score 80-82 is acceptable with the provision that the student takes EN6301 during the first semester at St. Mary’s University.
- As an alternative to the TOEFL, International Student can take the IELTS test and show a minimum score of 6.5 or better. A score of 6.0 is acceptable with the provision that the student takes EN6301 during the first semester at St. Mary’s University. No student will be admitted with a score lower than 6.0 in the IELTS test.
- A third option for an international student is a Duolingo English test score of 105 or above.
Ozgur Aktunc, Ph.D. Professor of Software Engineering
Tafesse Borena, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Industrial Engineering
Gopalakrishnan Easwaran, Ph.D. Professor of Industrial Engineering
Rafael Moras, Ph.D., P.E. Professor of Industrial Engineering
Momtaj Khanam, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Engineering Management