St. Mary’s University offers a Certificate in Software Engineering.
Students who complete the certificate program are highly encouraged to earn their Master of Science degree in Software Engineering by taking six additional courses and completing a capstone project or five additional courses and a thesis.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Applicants whose Bachelor of Science degree is not in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering are required to demonstrate proficiency in the following subjects or take the corresponding prerequisite courses at St. Mary’s University or other institutions.
The certificate program in Software Engineering is a four-course program (12 credit hours), which can also be used toward completion of a Master of Science in Software Engineering degree with additional courses and completing either a capstone project or thesis. Students will choose four courses from this list of three-hour courses:
- Software Project Planning and Management
- Requirement Engineering
- Software Design and Architecture
- Software Quality Assurance
- Software Validation and Verification
- Software Maintenance Evolution and Reengineering
See the catalog for a complete list of course descriptions and degree plans:
We’re eager to hear from you and answer any questions you have! Feel free to reach out to learn more about St. Mary’s University.