Ozgur Aktunc, Ph.D.Associate Professor of Software Engineering | Graduate Program Director of Engineering Systems Management, Industrial Engineering and Software Engineering
- Master of Software Engineering (Online)
- Master of Industrial Engineering
- Master of Engineering Systems Management
- Ph.D., The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2007
- M.S., The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2002
- B.S., Istanbul Technical University, 1999
- EG 1304 Engineering Programming
- EG 1305 Object-Oriented Programming and Design
- EG 2310 Human-Computer Interaction
- EG 2311 Software Requirements Engineering
- EG 3352 Software Quality Assurance
- EG 3392 Java and Applications
- EG 6328 Software Engineering
- EG 7304 Requirements Engineering
- EG 7305 Object-Oriented Programming, Analysis, and Design
- EG 7311 User Interface Design
- EG 7313 Web Engineering
Ozgur Aktunc, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of Software Engineering in the St. Mary's University Engineering Department. He joined St. Mary's in August 2009.
Aktunc received his Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) in 2007. He also received his M.S.E.E. from UAB in 2002. He came to the United States from Istanbul, Turkey, where he received his bachelor of science degree in electrical engineering from Istanbul Technical University.
Aktunc's main research area is software engineering with an emphasis on component-based software development. In particular, his research relates to software analysis, software metrics, and usability of web applications.
He also performs outreach activities to improve computing education in San Antonio through summer programs for middle and high school students. He is the director of the St. Mary's Pre-Engineering Summer Program.
In addition, Aktunc is a member of ASEE. He has published many journal and conference papers in various organizations including IEEE, ASEE and SDPS. He is the author of the book “An Entropy-Based Measurement Framework for Component-Based Systems.”
O. Aktunc and F. Sarac, “Comparison of Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools for Visually Impaired and Blind People,” International Conference on Applied Informatics for Health and Life Sciences, Kusadasi, Turkey, October 2014.
O. Aktunc, “A Teaching Methodology for Introductory Programming Courses using Alice,” International Journal of Modern Engineering Research, 3(1), 350-353, 2013.
O. Aktunc, B. A. Erol, and J. D. Garcia, “Redesign of a Seismic Monitor using Contextual Design,” International Journal of Software Engineering & Applications (IJSEA), 3(6), 01-18, 2012.
O. Aktunc, “Entropy Metrics for Agile Development Processes,” 23rd IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, ISSRE 2012, Dallas, TX, November 2012.
O. Aktunc and C. Togay, “A Teaching Methodology for Introductory Programming Courses using Alice,” Transformative Systems Conference, SDPS 2010, Dallas, TX, June 2010.
O. Aktunc, “Design Metrics for Measuring the Complexity of Component-based Software,” 12th¬ Transdisciplinary Conference on Integrated Design and Process Science: Informatics and Cyberspace, Montgomery, AL, November 2009.