Earn a Minor in Education Studies at St. Mary’s
This minor will allow students to gain knowledge and field-based experience in teaching at the elementary, middle or high school level without having to do student teaching and passing the state teacher certification exams, two of the requirements to acquire a Texas teaching certificate.
This minor will qualify students to teach in private schools, including parochial schools.
To earn a minor in Education Studies, students are required to take the following five courses:
- The American Elementary School/ The American Secondary School
- Teaching Diverse Populations
- Instructional Planning, Assessment, and Evaluation
- Child Development and Learning in the School Setting or Adolescent Development in the School Setting
- Educational Technology
The minor in Education Studies at St. Mary’s prepares students for numerous career opportunities. Our graduates can find success in the following roles:
- Elementary Private/Charter School Teacher
- Middle Private/Charter School Teacher
- High Private/Charter School Teacher