- Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- M.A., Southwest Texas State University
- B.A., University of Southwestern Louisiana
- Methods of Research
- Counseling Practicum
Melanie Harper’s counseling interest focuses on serving midlife and aging clients. She is particularly interested in life transitions, such as retirement, grief and end of life. Her primary interests in counselor education are in helping students develop ethical and legal awareness, preparing doctoral students to teach and supervise counseling students, and assisting students become more competent to work with culturally and socially diverse clients and students. In her leisure time, she dotes on her dog, enjoys time with friends and family members, and dabbles in fused and stained glass.