The Bachelor of Science degree program in Electrical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. With ABET accreditation, students, parents, employers and the society we serve can be confident that our programs meet the quality standards in graduating students who are prepared to enter a global workforce.
Program Educational Objectives
Consistent with St. Mary’s University’s mission, the following program educational objectives apply to the Bachelor of Science degree program in Electrical Engineering.
To educate and train technically competent Electrical Engineering graduates who will be able to:
- Practice engineering in an ethical manner aligned with Marianist values
- Act in a professional manner and make positive contributions to society
- Collaborate and communicate effectively, with an ability to follow, lead or manage
- Become lifelong learners in their professions and mentor others
The student outcomes that prepare graduates to attain the program educational objectives are:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Bachelor of Science Enrollment Data for the Electrical Engineering Program
|Academic Year||Total Enrollment|
Bachelor of Science Graduation Data for the Electrical Engineering Program
|Academic Year||Number of Students Graduated|