The St. Mary’s University Alumni Association will recognize five faculty members during its annual Faculty Appreciation Dinner on Friday, Jan. 25, at the Omni San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade.
The Distinguished Faculty Award was established in 1984 to recognize outstanding faculty in each school.
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
School of Science, Engineering and Technology
- Verónica Contreras-Shannon, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Biological Sciences
Greehey School of Business
- K. Matthew Gilley, Ph.D., Greehey Chair in Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility and Professor of Management
School of Law
- Chenglin “Gary” Liu, J.S.D., Professor of Law
“Every year, the St. Mary’s University Alumni Association hosts its Distinguished Faculty Appreciation Dinner. I appreciate this opportunity to acknowledge and honor our remarkable faculty at St. Mary’s,” said Aaron Tyler, Ph.D., Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. “We are proud of our outstanding professors and their commitment to Marianist education.”
Faculty Conference Fund Recipients:
- Todd R. Hanneken, Ph.D., Chair and Associate Professor of Theology
- Juan D. Ocampo, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Javier Rubio-Herrero, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Industrial Engineering
- Stephanie G. Ward, Ph.D., Chair and Professor of Management
- Lindsey Passenger Wieck, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of History and Public History Graduate Program Director