January 25, 2018
The St. Mary’s University Alumni Association will recognize five faculty members during its annual Faculty Appreciation Dinner on Friday, Jan. 26, at the DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Airport.
The Distinguished Faculty Award was established in 1984 to recognize outstanding faculty in each school.
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
School of Science, Engineering and Technology
- Pamela Fink, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Chair of Computer Science
Greehey School of Business
- Ajaya K. Swain, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Quantitative Management
School of Law
- David A. Schlueter, J.D., LL.M., Professor of Law
“What a great occasion, this special night is,” said Aaron Tyler, Ph.D., Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. “I am grateful for this event, for the amazing faculty we recognize this year, and for an Alumni Association that provides a meaningful and long-standing reflection of what it means to experience, witness, and live the St. Mary’s transformational tradition.”
Faculty Conference Fund Recipients
- Violeta Diaz, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Finance
- Daniel Long, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Music
- Rafael Moras, Ph.D., Professor of Industrial Engineering
- Meghann Peace, Ph.D., Chair of the Department of Languages and Assistant Professor of Spanish