St. Mary’s University’s annual Civic Engagement Week this year focuses on the power of individuals to make positive social change through civic involvement. In a week filled with activities dedicated to service, citizenship and the democratic process, the highlight will be an official Naturalization Ceremony on Wednesday, Sept. 19 performed by U.S. Magistrate John W. Primomo, a 1976 St. Mary’s School of Law graduate.
St. Mary’s students, faculty and staff will witness about 40 people become the newest U.S. citizens during the ceremony Sept. 19 at 2 p.m. in the University Center’s Conference Room A. Media is welcome.
Other events include:
The Journey to Achieving U.S. Citizenship – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services representatives will help participants gain a better understanding of the basic process applicants experience in their journey to citizenship.
- When: Monday, Sept. 17 at 11:20 a.m.
- Location: Alumni Athletics & Convocation Center’s Hospitality Suite
South Texas Blood and Tissue Center Blood Drive
- When: Monday, Sept. 17 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location: University Center, Conference Room C
Get Your Vote On! – Voter registration and information session hosted by the Student Government Association and the Center for Civic Engagement and Career Development
- When: Tuesday Sept. 18 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Location: University Center Atrium