St. Mary’s University Alumni Association to honor this year’s winners of the Faculty Appreciation Award at a dinner Friday, Jan. 22, 2010. The annual awards given by the Alumni Association are particularly important because it shows the commitment and gratitude of St. Mary’s alumni to their former college professors. As they have moved forward with their lives, careers and families, St. Mary’s alumni also believe in the importance of remembering, reflecting and recognizing their former teachers and mentors that made such an impact on their lives.
This year’s honorees include:
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences: Daniel W. Bjork, Ph.D., Professor of History, and Anne O’Leary, PBVM, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of New Testament
- School of Science, Engineering & Technology: Mike Lecocke, Ph.D. (B.S. ’99), Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Bill Greehey School of Business: Adrian M. Cowan, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Finance
- School of Law: Stephanie Stevens, J.D. (B.A. ’87, J.D. ’91), Clinical Professor of Law
- Graduate School: Daniel Thompson, Ph.D., Chair and Associate Professor of Theology
- Undergraduate Research Mentor Award: Teresa Van Hoy, Ph.D. Associate Professor of History