San Antonio – After ten years of successful literary events with our series Latina Letters, we have expanded and evolved into Las Americas Letters Series in the Arts showcasing literature as well as other art forms of the Americas. In our second year in the new format, we are featuring tango dancers straight from the cobblestone streets of colonial San Telmo in Buenos Aires, as well as Argentine dancers and musicians who have immigrated to the US to bridge the two nations with the rhythms of the tango.
True to our educational mission, we are offering workshops and panels on the various moves and grooves of the tango. Join us on St. Mary´s University campus for tango dance workshops March 14 through 20. World tango finalists Aldo Romero and Analía Carrizo will perform with live tango musicians at the beautiful Charline McCombs Empire Theater in downtown San Antonio on Saturday, March 21 at 8 p.m. A VIP reception with Aldo and Analía will follow.
Event #1 details
- What: Tango workshops, panels & readings
- When: March 14-20
- Where: St. Mary’s University campus, One Camino Santa Maria, San Antonio, TX 78228
- Cost; Beginners and intermediate classes are $15 per class; free for all high school and college students with I.D.
Event #2 details
- What: Tango Argentino dance & music performance
- When: Sat. , March 21, 8 p.m.
- Where: Charline McCombs Empire Theater, 226 N. St. Mary’s St., San Antonio, TX 78205
- Ticket information: Tickets on sale now through Ticketmaster or call (210) 224-9600 for reservations.
- $40 cabaret seating and reception with artists
- $15 general admission
- $10 student admission