WHO: Faculty, staff and new students of St. Mary’s University, which will begin its 151st year of providing Marianist education in Texas.
WHAT: Academic Convocation for 2003-2004 academic year.
WHEN: 9:50 a.m. Monday, Aug. 18
WHERE: Faculty and staff will gather in academic regalia for procession into the Bill Greehey Arena from the Movement Studio, located on second floor of the Alumni Athletics & Convocation Center, accessible from 36th Street or Culebra.
OF INTEREST: The Academic Convocation is intended to introduce new students to the traditions and expectations of the St. Mary’s academic community.
SCHEDULE: 10 a.m. Academic Convocation begins in Bill Greehey Arena.
- Welcome by Charles Cotrell, Ph.D., president of St. Mary’s
- Opening prayer
- Readings: faculty senate and student government presidents, faculty and staff members
- Convocation address by David Manuel, Ph.D., vice president for academic affairs
- Comments by Kathy Sisoian, vice president for student development
- Prayer and blessing
- Final remarks
- Singing of school song, “Bells of St. Mary’s”