Program Educational Objectives
Consistent with St. Mary’s University’s mission, the following program educational objectives apply to the Bachelor of Science degree program in Mechanical Engineering.
To educate and train technically competent engineering graduates who will be able to:
- Practice engineering in an ethical manner aligned with Marianist values
- Act in a professional manner and make positive contributions to society
- Collaborate and communicate effectively, with an ability to follow, lead or manage
- Become lifelong learners in their professions and mentor others
The student outcomes that prepare graduates to attain the program educational objectives are:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics to real-world problems.
- Ability to apply knowledge of science to real-world problems.
- Ability to apply knowledge of engineering to real-world problems.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for and the ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Bachelor of Science Enrollment Data for the Mechanical Engineering Program
- Enrollment Data
Spring 2018: 91
Fall 2017: 97 Spring 2017: 76
Fall 2016: 73 Spring 2016: 54
Fall 2015: 62 Spring 2015: 35
Fall 2014: 35 Spring 2014: 13
Fall 2013: 8
Bachelor of Science Graduation Data for the Mechanical Engineering Program
- Graduation Data