Vice President for Administration and Finance
Annually or as required
St. Mary’s will distribute via email to faculty and staff, and post on Gateway death announcements for:
- Currently employed faculty and staff (full-time and part-time)
- Retired faculty and staff*
- Marianists (including Marianists who lived on campus, but were not employed by the University)
- Family members of current employees (full-time and part-time)
- Family members include: spouses, children, parents, grandparents, siblings, mothers-in-law, fathers-in-law, sisters-in-law, and brothers-in-law
Process for Drafting and Approving Announcements
- The supervising Leadership Council member is “responsible” for the following announcements of individuals in their school or area:
- currently employed faculty and staff
- retired faculty and staff*
- family members of current faculty and staff**
- The Office of Mission is “responsible” for announcements of Marianists:
- Marianists (including currently employed and retired faculty and staff)
- Marianists who lived on campus, but were not employed by the University
- *This is reserved for retired members of the St. Mary’s community, and does not include former employees who left the University prior to full retirement.
- **Out of respect for employee privacy, the request for an announcement to be posted or distributed must be made or initiated by the employee to the employee’s immediate supervisor or “responsible” office. The request should be communicated to the Office of Human Resources via email, along with the death announcement.
Process for Editing, Posting and Distributing Announcements
- Announcements should be submitted to the Human Resources Office by the “responsible” office. (Recommended announcement templates are available in Human Resources.)
- Announcements for retired employees and family members of current employees should be submitted with a link to the obituary and information about services, if available.
- Announcement about the death of a current employee would be distributed and posted immediately without delay of waiting for the obituary and information about services.
- Human Resources is responsible for posting on Gateway – announcements, obituaries and services.
- Human Resources is responsible for sending announcements to the University Communications for editing and distributing via email to all faculty and staff (full-time and part-time).
- Wider distribution of announcements to include other groups (students, alumni, Trustees), and posting announcements on the St. Mary’s public website or on the University’s main social media pages will be determined as needed.
- Requests for funeral or other services must be directed to the Office of Mission. (Information about services held on campus should be included in the email and not just via a link to the obituary.)