Skip to main content
Athletics: Vehicle Accidents
The following procedures are to be followed in the event an accident occurs while traveling for any practice or competition:
- Stop at once to investigate. Help anyone who is injured.
- Identify yourself. Give your name, address, and license number to the other party.
- Get the names and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Contact the local police officials and give them details of the accident. Obtain any reports that are completed.
- Protect the scene of the accident by directing traffic, placing flags or reflectors, etc.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than the police or the St. Mary’s University Insurance Company representative.
- Phone your supervisor at once if personal injury or serious property damage is involved.
- Contact the university’s insurance company if the accident involves another occupied vehicle (even if no injuries claimed), a pedestrian, or any personal injury or extensive property damage.
- Complete a written report and turn it into your supervisor as soon as possible.
©2017. All rights reserved.