Chief of Staff for the President
Annually or as required
Related Policies and Additional References:
- Prior to recruiting a four-year transfer student-athlete, check if they are in the Transfer Portal; if not, the Compliance Officer will send a permission to contact request form to the original institution to obtain written permission by NCAA Bylaw 220.127.116.11. No recruitment of the prospective student-athlete shall take place until permission is granted.
- If permission is granted and the Head Coach would like to further pursue recruitment of the prospective student-athlete, the Compliance Officer will send a four-year transfer tracer form to all of the PSA’s previous institutions if eligibility information is not in the Transfer Portal.
- Unofficial transcripts should be supplied at the earliest possible opportunity in order to provide an estimate on transferable credits. Final, official transcripts will be needed for admission.
- If the prospective student-athlete is transferring from a two-year institution, they are required to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center if they have not done so.
- The Registrar’s Office will evaluate all transcripts and determine transferrable credits and GPA.
- The Compliance Officer will review the transcript evaluation and determine transfer eligibility through the use of a Transfer Eligibility Checklist.