Chief of Staff for the President
Annually or as required
Related Policies and Additional References:
Team trips should be planned well in advance with the upmost care and attention to detail. The safety and welfare of our student-athletes are the first priority. Coaches are requested to follow these policies:
- Only eligible student-athletes and associated staff are permitted to travel with the team. Exceptions to this rule must be approved by the Athletics Director.
- Travel by teams to selected away contests shall be by legitimate public carriers, university owned transportation, or properly licensed vehicles. Traveling in personal vehicles or asking a student-athlete to use his or her vehicle for team travel is prohibited, unless the Independent Travel Form is submitted to and approved by the Compliance Officer.
- No team shall travel out of town unless a member of the university staff accompanies them on the trip.
- Injuries at away contests should be treated in accordance with established policies.
- Coaches will travel with the team to contests and return to campus with the team. Student-athletes must leave with and return with the team unless prior arrangements have been approved by the Compliance Officer. Approval must be granted on the appropriate transportation form.
- Dress code and behavior must reflect positively on the institution.
- Destination, arrival and departure times, hotel information, travel rosters, competition times, and all other trip information shall be on file with the Compliance Officer prior to the trip.
- Coaches are strongly encouraged to distribute a travel itinerary to all team members.
- The Assistant Athletics Director of Business Operations and Administration and the Assistant Athletics Director of Facilities and Operations may assist the head coach in making any final arrangements.
- Coaches must file the team travel form with the Compliance Officer and provide the final itinerary to the Bus Driver and/or charter bus company.