Chief of Staff for the President
Annually or as required
Related policies and additional references:
Athletics Department Manual
General Student-athlete Wellness Policies
- The wellness of St. Mary’s student-athletes is monitored, evaluated, and addressed on a continuing basis.
- Through constant communication and interaction with other departments on campus, the Athletics Department seeks to assist and enhance the student experience for student-athletes at St. Mary’s University.
- The Athletics administration of St. Mary’s University has an “open door” policy in which student-athletes should feel comfortable approaching any member of the staff to discuss an issue.
- Team Meetings/Annual Survey
- At the conclusion of each sport’s season, the Athletics Director and/or Associate Athletics Director will conduct meetings with each team.
- Prior to the team meetings, the student-athletes will be provided an annual survey in order to provide feedback about their experience as a student-athlete at St. Mary’s University.
- In addition to the survey, the student-athletes have the opportunity to share any information with the administration about their experience at St. Mary’s.
- At the conclusion of the meetings, the Athletics Director and/or Associate Athletics Director compiles the information gathered from the surveys and the meetings. This data is used to address concerns and areas for improvements either with the coaches, support staff, and/or administration.