Related Policies and Additional References:
All coaches will develop schedules and contest contracts for their sport’s non-conference contests in coordination with the Athletics Department administration.
- Coaches will provide schedules to the Director of Athletics for approval. Upon approval by the Director of Athletics and/or the respective Associate Athletics Director with team oversight, the head coach will provide schedules and other game information (game guarantee, etc.) to the Associate Athletics Director for External Operations for contract preparation.
- Coaches are responsible for ensuring that their travel expenses will fit within the approved budget from year-to-year.
- Contracts will be prepared by the Associate Athletics Director for External Operations and returned to the head coach to check for accuracy and to sign.
- The Director of Athletics (or designee) will sign contracts after they have been signed by the head coach.
- The contract is then sent to the other institution(s) for signature. Coaches and staff members will ensure schedules are designed to minimize the number of classes student-athletes will miss.
All incoming game contracts for away athletic events require head coach and Director of Athletics signatures.
Note: If a coach needs to make a change to an LSC scheduled contest, he/she should alert the Director of Athletics and Associate AD for External Operations. If approved to move forward, the Associate AD for External Operations will complete the required LSC form seeking the approval of the Directors of Athletics of both institutions. Once approved by all, there should be an email sent to both AD’s, coaches, and the LSC office as verification of the change from the conference commissioner.