Chief of Staff for the President
Annually or as required
The following will outline the steps to be taken for the Renewal of a St. Mary’s University Athletics Grant:
- The compliance officer prepares a blank athletics grant spreadsheet for the upcoming academic year.
- The Head Coach is given the blank athletics grant spreadsheet and instructed to prepare athletic grant allocation for all continuing student-athletes.
- The Head Coach emails the spreadsheet to the compliance officer and schedules meeting to discuss proposed athletics grant allocation for the upcoming year.
- The compliance officer evaluates the spreadsheet to ensure proposed allocations of athletic grants are pursuant to all NCAA regulations regarding awarding athletics grants and no reductions are reflected in amount.
- The compliance officer emails spreadsheet to Director of Financial Assistance to ensure renewal athletic grant amounts are pursuant to all institutional regulations regarding outside awards and awarding athletic grants.
- A spreadsheet with renewal amounts is emailed to Head Coaches and Director of Financial Assistance for final confirmation.
- Compliance Officer creates Renewal Athletics Financial Aid Agreement (RAFAA) for continuing student-athlete.
- The RAFAA is signed by the Director of Financial Assistance and the Athletics Director (or his/her designee).
- Compliance Officer emails RAFAA to student-athlete with instructions to sign and return within seven (7) days of the issuance date.
- A copy of the sent RAFAA is filed in the student-athletes file in Athletics Compliance Office and electronic version saved in team RAFAA folder on internal drive within Athletics Department.
- When RAFAA is returned, a copy is filed in the student-athletes file in Athletics Compliance Office and electronic version saved in team RAFAA folder on internal drive within the Athletics Department.