The following will outline the steps to be taken if a Head Coach indicates an athletics grant received during current academic year is being non-renewed/cancelled for upcoming year:
- The compliance officer prepares a blank athletics grant spreadsheet for the upcoming academic year.
- The Head Coach is given the blank athletics grant spreadsheet and instructed to prepare athletics grant allocations for all continuing student-athletes.
- The Head Coach emails the spreadsheet to the compliance officer and schedules a meeting to discuss the proposed allocation for the upcoming year.
- The compliance officer evaluates the spreadsheet to ensure all student-athletes who received athletics grants in the current academic year, or part thereof, are reflected on spreadsheet for the upcoming academic year and proposed allocations of athletics grants are pursuant to all NCAA regulations regarding awarding athletics grants.
- If a student-athlete who received athletics grants in the current academic year, or part thereof, is not reflected on spreadsheet submitted by Head Coach for the upcoming academic year, the compliance officer confirms with Head Coach that this is an indication that the athletics grant will not be renewed/canceled.
- If a non-renewal/cancelation is confirmed by Head Coach, the compliance officer discusses non-renewal/cancelation with Head Coach and justification for non-renewal/cancellation, ensuring permissible per NCAA regulations regarding permissible non-renewal/cancelation of athletics grant.
- The compliance officer emails Director of Financial Assistance, Head Coach and Athletics Director (or his/her designee) with student-athlete name, applicable sport, the decision to non-renew/cancel athletics grant upcoming academic year, or part thereof, and justification.
- Director of Financial Assistance notifies the student-athlete of non-renewal/cancellation and outlines appeal process concerning non-renewal/cancellation of athletics grants.