The Compliance Officer will flag students as active student-athletes in SGASPRT (BANNER system). Updates will be made as needed.
The process of certifying eligibility for continuing student-athletes will begin when final grades are posted at the conclusion of the spring semester.
Projected rosters for the upcoming academic year are to be submitted by each Head Coach to the Compliance Officer by June 1. These rosters should include the names and identification number for each returning student-athlete and prospective student-athlete that is expected to participate in the upcoming academic year. The Compliance Officer will distribute this information to the Office of Financial Assistance, Admission Office, and Registrar’s Office.
Course schedules, grade point average, academic standing, and progress toward degree are all tracked in the Graduation Planning System (GPS).
The Compliance Officer, in conjunction with the Registrar’s Office and FAR, reviews the record of each continuing student-athlete in GPS and inputs the information in CAi.
The Director of Financial Assistance verifies the financial aid status of all continuing student-athletes and inputs the information in CAi.
Prior to the first date of competition, the Compliance Officer, Director of Athletics, Head Coach and FAR will review the eligibility information in CAi and sign the eligibility form.
- Copies of the eligibility forms are sent to the Heartland Conference.
- Full-time enrollment is verified through the Argos system. If student-athlete drops below full-time, the Head Coach is notified immediately that participation is no longer permissible.
- After grades have been posted following the fall academic term, the Compliance Officer, in conjunction with the Registrar’s Office and FAR, reviews the record of each student-athlete in GPS to verify the 6-hour rule, academic standing, and any midyear certifications (as needed).
- If a student-athlete is found to become ineligible or becomes eligible, the Director of Athletics is notified immediately. The Head Coach will then be made aware of the status change.
- The Compliance Officer will send updated eligibility forms, in addition to the Heartland Conference six-hour report, to the Heartland Conference.